Please tell me what to do during an earthquake and what earthquake supplies to keep on hand.
The basic rules for earthquake safety are as follows. Take cover (under a table or in a doorway) if you are inside and find open space (away from buildings and power lines) if you are outside. If you are in a car, you should remain in the car and stay away from bridges and tunnels.
Make your own earthquake kit with these materials:
- Water and water purification tablets
- Canned or packaged food, a can opener
- Warm clothing, blankets, diapers (if relevant), wash cloths, gloves, goggles, and a face mask
- Sunscreen, burn medicine, bandages, scissors, tweezers, cotton balls, peroxide, any prescription drugs you need, and toilet paper
- Family photos
- Pen and paper
- Candles, matches, flashlights, extra batteries, and a portable radio
-The Fact Monster