Miscellany: Ask the Fact Monster Questions
Updated February 23, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
- In the oil drilling industry there is a term called "spudding." What is it and how does it work?
- I searched and found the ACT website, which is what we took in high school. However, the ACT site didn't say what ACT stands for.
- How do you reference a website in APA style?
- I would like to know how diamonds are graded?
- What age do you have to be to join Brownies in Girl Scouts?
- I am helping my daughter learn more about skyscrapers, but I have been unable to locate the answer to one question. How many stories does a building have to be, to be considered a skyscraper?
- What was the highest parachute jump ever?
- In America there is Orange County, NY, named after Ulster Scots. In Northern Ireland, there's the Orange Order. In England, there was William of Orange. However, England doesn't grow oranges. What Orange was William of? How did it get its name? Do they actually grow oranges there?
- From where and why did the American Red Cross obtain/use a "red cross" as their symbol or logo?
- What is the largest ship afloat today in the world?
- When was the Red Crescent Society founded?
- I would like information regarding the Statue of Zeus at Olympia. I desperately need it to complete an assignment. The only sites I can find just have descriptions of the statue. But I need more information please.
- At what length does a boat become a ship?
- When did the first case of hijacking occur?
- How did a penguin come to be the mascot for the Linux operating system?
- How many times has the Time Magazine Person of the Year been given to an abstract class of people or a non-human, rather than to individuals?
- Strictly out of curiosity, what's the most popular page on your site?
- What boat was the first to cross the Panama Canal?
- What are the dimensions of the Great Pyramid Of Cheops?
- What is the length of the Statue of Liberty's nose?
- Is the "official" Roman numeral for 1999 MCMXCIX or MIM?
- How many people in the U.S. subscribe to cable television?