U.S. Cities: Ask the Fact Monster Questions
Updated February 23, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
- Why is New York City called the Big Apple?
- In the phrase, "District of Columbia"? to what or whom does 'Columbia' refer?
- What city is known as the Loon Capital of the World? Hint: Wisconsin.
- The first public school was established in 1635. In which city was this school?
- What is the oldest U.S. city that is also a capital?
- What is the oldest city in the United States?
- Which U.S. city is called "The Emerald City?"
- Why are St. Paul and Minneapolis called "Twin Cities"?
- How much water (in gallons) does New York City consume in one day?
- What were the first U.S. cities linked by a transcontinental phone line?