Colorado State University
Colorado State University, at Fort Collins; land-grant with state and federal support; chartered 1870, opened 1879 as an agricultural college, assumed present name in 1957. There is a veterinary teaching hospital, an agricultural campus, and a research campus. The Rocky Mt. Forest and Range Experiment Station, the Colorado Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, and the headquarters of the Colorado State Forest Service are there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.