Biggest, Fastest, Smallest, Richest, Highest, Driest, Deadliest . . .
What is the tallest building in the world? Where are the tallest mountains? What is the driest place on Earth? What are the richest and poorest countries? What was the worst earthquake ever? What is the fastest animal? What is the smallest country in the world?
You will find answers to these and many similar questions in the Infoplease Almanacs and additional resources listed below:
- Start with the World Geography pages which include lists and descriptions of the Highest Mountain Peaks of the World, The World's 14 Highest Mountain Peaks (above 8,000 meters), Oceans and Seas (for the largest and smallest oceans and the deepest points in each), Largest Lakes of the World, Principal Rivers of the World (for longest rivers), Largest Islands of the World, Highest Waterfalls of the World, World Land Areas and Elevations (for biggest and smallest countries and highest points), Principal Deserts of the World (for largest deserts), Volcanoes of the World, and Earthquakes (including some of the the strongest and deadliest).
- Then see the United States Geography pages for the Extreme Points of the United States (50 States), Highest, Lowest, and Mean Elevations in the United States, and Mountain Peaks in the United States Higher Than 14,000 Feet, and more.
- Country Statistics at a Glance will tell you about the largest and smallest countries, the countries with the highest and lowest population densities, and the richest and poorest nations (by per capita GDPGross Domestic Product), plus charts of several other useful statistics.
- The Population Statistics pages include details on the most populous countries and cities, and the area and population of all countries.
- The Disasters pages have lots of information on the worst and deadliest disasters of all types and the Structures and Buildings lists include the tallest buildings, highest dams, and greatest man-made lakes.
- Finally, once you know your stuff, try our GeographicalSuperlatives Quiz
For More on This Topic