Calling All Animal Scientists
Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
A person who specializes in the study of animals is called a zoologist. Zoologists who study certain kinds of animals have their own names.
- Anthropologists study human beings.
- Entomologists study insects.
- Herpetologists study reptiles and amphibians.
- Ichthyologists specialize in fish.
- Malacologists study mollusks, like snails and clams.
- Mammalogists specialize in mammals.
- Nematologists study round worms.
- Ornithologists study birds.
- Ethologists study animal behavior.