Some Types of Scientists
Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
- An agronomist specializes in soil and crops.
- An astronomer studies stars, planets and galaxies.
- A botanist specializes in plants.
- A cytologist specializes in the study of cells.
- An epidemiologist studies the spread of diseases.
- An ethologist studies animal behavior.
- A geneticist studies how traits are inherited.
- A geologist specializes in the history of Earth.
- A geographer studies Earth's surface.
- A marine biologist studies ocean plants and animals.
- A meteorologist studies weather and climate.
- A microbiologist studies microscopic plants and animals.
- A paleontologist specializes in fossils.
- A physicist studies matter, energy, and how they are related.
- A seismologist studies earthquakes.