NFL Football Preview 2000
Washington, Dallas, NY Giants, Arizona, Philadelphia
by Mike Morrison
1. Washington—If a player was available in the offseason, Daniel Snyder bought him. Now he better hope Norv Turner can turn this collection of studs into a Super Bowl team.
2. Dallas—The swagger is gone but a whole lot of talent still remains. Emmitt is still Emmitt. They're not going anywhere just yet.
|Complete NFC stats for the 1999-2000 season and through the years.|
3. NY Giants—They're the San Diego Chargers of the NFC. The Giants have a strong defense and rookie running back Ron Dayne will give the offense another dimension. But Kerry Collins is a nut.
4. Arizona—The season depends on the health of quarterback Jake Plummer. Rookie Thomas Jones will rush for 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns but the season-ending injury to Rob Moore is a killer.
5. Philadelphia—Second-year coach Andy Reid has this team on the rise. Duce Staley will challenge for the NFC lead in rushing yards and Donovan McNabb will keep things interesting for Philly fans.