Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- Underwater Wonderland
- Have a look at some of the prize-winning shots from the Underwater Photographer of the Year 2017
- Otter-ly cute pups!
- Watch this video of pups from Newquay Zoo learning how to swim.
- How do cows get their nails cut?
- Meet the man whose job it is to go around farms trimming the nails of cattle
- What is a beached whale and why do whales beach themselves?
- Around 100 whales have beached themselves in New Zealand, rescue workers are trying to help them but why do whales do this?
- What does a tiger do when it has toothache?
- What happens when a tiger needs to take a trip to the dentist?
- Rare, and super cute, baby antelope born in zoo
- A rare breed of antelope has been born at Chester Zoo.
- Gallery: Baby hippo starts teething
- Not too long ago, Cincinnati Zoo had a new arrival - Fiona the baby hippo, who was born six weeks early. She has now started to grow her first teeth! Let's have a look at how she's been getting on.
- Meet George, the cat who loves to shop
- George the tabby cat has become a local celebrity but where does he like to visit?
- New cat meal plan copies life in the wild
- Lots of cats in the UK are overweight, but cat behaviour specialists say that changing the way we feed them could make them healthier and happier.
- Pictures: Unusual animal rescues
- Firefighters have been kept busy this week after a puppy needed to be rescued from a tumble dryer vent and another pup got his head stuck in a wheel. We've been taking a look back at other animals who've got into sticky situations.
- Australian campaigners call for end to shark nets
- Conservationists say the nets, used to protect people from sharks, are killing too many dolphins and turtles.
- Gecko's strange tactic for escaping predators
- This little gecko has a pretty unusual way of giving predators the slip
- Calvapilosa: The spiky slug with hundreds of teeth
- Check out this prehistoric sea slug that researchers have reconstructed from an amazingly well preserved fossil found in Morocco.
- Thousands of jellyfish wash up on Australian beach
- Thousands of jellyfish have washed up on a beach in Queensland in Australia.
- Pictures: Seven adventurous animals
- This week, 80 falcons appeared on a plane and a moose turned up in someone's house! So let's have a look at Newsround's top adventurous animals.
- Menai the turtle recovering well after being found in Wales
- Menai the rare Olive Ridley turtle was found washed up on a beach in Wales in November and was rescued by wildlife experts in Anglesey. She is now eating lots and recovering well.
- One of the youngest children in England to get a guide dog
- Alice is one of the youngest people in the country to be given a guide dog and now her furry friend is helping her out at school.
- Our latest bulletin
- Catch up on the latest Newsround bulletin on CBBC.
- Elephants and the ivory trade: The crisis in Africa
- Newsround's guide to how the ivory trade is having a devastating impact on the number of elephants in the world.
- Pictures: Weird animals invading sports events
- After hundreds of moths invaded the Euro 2016 final, Newsround looks back at some other animals that have tried to get in on the sporting action.