Earth Day: Environmental Disasters
Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
Read about some of the largest disasters in the world that were caused by human activity and upset the delicate balance of nature.
- Chernobyl: 25 Years Later
- 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Timeline
- Largest Oil Spills in the U.S.
- Largest Oil Spills in the World
- Oil Spill Glossary
- 2011 Nuclear Crisis in Japan
- Nuclear Disaster Glossary
- Nuclear and Chemical Accidents
- Earth-Altering Accidents
- More disaster information...