Synonyms of ablaze
- 1. ablaze, aflame, aroused, passionate (vs. passionless)
- usage: keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement; "his face all ablaze with excitement"- Bram Stoker; "he was aflame with desire"
- 2. ablaze(predicate), afire(predicate), aflame(predicate), aflare(predicate), alight(predicate), on fire(predicate), lighted (vs. unlighted), lit
- usage: lighted up by or as by fire or flame; "forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"; "even the car's tires were aflame"; "a night aflare with fireworks"; "candles alight on the tables"; "houses on fire"
- 3. ablaze, colorful (vs. colorless), colourful
- usage: resembling flame in brilliance or color; "maple trees ablaze in autumn"
- 4. ablaze(predicate), inflamed, reddened, light (vs. dark)
- usage: lighted with red light as if with flames; "streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees"; "the inflamed clouds at sunset"; "reddened faces around the campfire"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ablaze (Dictionary)