Synonyms of able
- 1. able (vs. unable)
- usage: (usually followed by `to') having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something; "able to swim"; "she was able to program her computer"; "we were at last able to buy a car"; "able to get a grant for the project"
- 2. able, capable, competent (vs. incompetent)
- usage: have the skills and qualifications to do things well; "able teachers"; "a capable administrator"; "children as young as 14 can be extremely capable and dependable"
- 3. able, capable (vs. incapable)
- usage: having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; "able to learn"; "human beings are able to walk on two feet"; "Superman is able to leap tall buildings"
- 4. able, able-bodied, fit (vs. unfit)
- usage: having a strong healthy body; "an able seaman"; "every able-bodied young man served in the army"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of able (Dictionary)