Synonyms of absorb
- 1. absorb, sorb, take up
- usage: become imbued; "The liquids, light, and gases absorb"
- 2. absorb, assimilate, ingest, take in, learn, larn, acquire
- usage: take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
- 3. absorb, take over, fund
- usage: take up, as of debts or payments; "absorb the costs for something"
- 4. absorb, suck, imbibe, soak up, sop up, suck up, draw, take in, take up
- usage: take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words"
- 5. absorb, blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
- usage: cause to become one with; "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
- 6. absorb, take in
- usage: suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
- 7. steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
- 8. absorb, receive, take in, invite
- usage: assimilate or take in; "The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society"
- 9. absorb, engross, engage, occupy, interest
- usage: consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of absorb (Dictionary)