- 1. abstract, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically
- 2. pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, steal
- usage: make off with belongings of others
- 3. abstract, consider, take, deal, look at
- usage: consider apart from a particular case or instance; "Let's abstract away from this particular example"
- 4. abstract, sum up, summarize, summarise, resume
- usage: give an abstract (of)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. absent, absentminded, abstracted, scatty, inattentive (vs. attentive)
- usage: lost in thought; showing preoccupation; "an absent stare"; "an absentminded professor"; "the scatty glancing quality of a hyperactive but unfocused intelligence"
All rights reserved.
See also: abstracted (Dictionary)