Synonyms of accented
- 1. stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate, express, show, evince
- usage: to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
- 2. stress, accent, accentuate, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
- 1. tonic (vs. atonic), accented
- usage: used of syllables; "a tonic syllables carries the main stress in a word"
- 2. stressed (vs. unstressed), accented, emphatic, emphasized, emphasised, masculine
- usage: bearing a stress or accent; "an iambic foot consists of an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable as in `delay'"
All rights reserved.