Synonyms of accept
- 1. accept, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: consider or hold as true; "I cannot accept the dogma of this church"; "accept an argument"
- 2. accept, take, have, get, acquire
- usage: receive willingly something given or offered; "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"; "I won't have this dog in my house!"; "Please accept my present"
- 3. accept, consent, go for, react, respond
- usage: give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to; "I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"
- 4. accept, react, respond
- usage: react favorably to; consider right and proper; "People did not accept atonal music at that time"; "We accept the idea of universal health care"
- 5. accept, admit, take, take on, accept, take, have
- usage: admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- 6. bear, take over, accept, assume, take
- usage: take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- 7. accept, live with, swallow, digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up
- usage: tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
- 8. accept, take, be
- usage: be designed to hold or take; "This surface will not take the dye"
- 9. accept, receive, have
- usage: receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
- 10. take, accept
- usage: make use of or accept for some purpose; "take a risk"; "take an opportunity"
- 11. accept, react, respond
- usage: be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal; "The cow accepted the bull"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of accept (Dictionary)