Synonyms of acceptable
- 1. acceptable (vs. unacceptable), bankable, unexceptionable, unimpeachable, unobjectionable, satisfactory
- usage: worthy of acceptance or satisfactory; "acceptable levels of radiation"; "performances varied from acceptable to excellent"
- 2. acceptable, standard (vs. nonstandard), received
- usage: judged to be in conformity with approved usage; "acceptable English usage"
- 3. satisfactory, acceptable, good (vs. bad)
- usage: meeting requirements; "the step makes a satisfactory seat"
- 4. acceptable, fit (vs. unfit)
- usage: adequate for the purpose; "the water was acceptable for drinking"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of acceptable (Dictionary)