Synonyms of accession
- 1. accession, increase, increment, growth
- usage: a process of increasing by addition (as to a collection or group); "the art collection grew through accession"
- 2. accession, property right
- usage: (civil law) the right to all of that which your property produces whether by growth or improvement
- 3. accession, addition, acquisition
- usage: something added to what you already have; "the librarian shelved the new accessions"; "he was a new addition to the staff"
- 4. accession, assenting, agreement
- usage: agreeing with or consenting to (often unwillingly); "accession to such demands would set a dangerous precedent"; "assenting to the Congressional determination"
- 5. entree, access, accession, admission, admittance, right
- usage: the right to enter
- 6. accession, rise to power, attainment
- usage: the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne); "Elizabeth's accession in 1558"
- 1. accession, record, enter, put down
- usage: make a record of additions to a collection, such as a library
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of accession (Dictionary)