Synonyms of accommodating
- 1. suit, accommodate, fit, meet, fit, conform to
- usage: be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
- 2. adapt, accommodate, change, alter, vary
- usage: make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
- 3. accommodate, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide with something desired or needed; "Can you accommodate me with a rental car?"
- 4. accommodate, hold, admit
- usage: have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
- 5. lodge, accommodate, house, put up, domiciliate
- usage: provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
- 6. oblige, accommodate, comply, follow, abide by
- usage: provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
- 7. accommodate, reconcile, conciliate, harmonize, harmonise
- usage: make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
- 1. accommodating (vs. unaccommodating), accommodative, complaisant, obliging, good-natured, helpful, kind
- usage: helpful in bringing about a harmonious adaptation; "the warden was always accommodating in allowing visitors in"; "made a special effort to be accommodating"
- 2. accommodating, helpful (vs. unhelpful)
- usage: obliging; willing to do favors; "made a special effort to be accommodating"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of accommodating (Dictionary)