- 1. habituate, accustom, change, alter, modify
- usage: make psychologically or physically used (to something); "She became habituated to the background music"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accustomed (vs. unaccustomed), used to(predicate), wont to(predicate)
- usage: (often followed by `to') in the habit of or adapted to; "accustomed to doing her own work"; "I've grown accustomed to her face"
- 2. accustomed, customary, habitual, wonted(prenominal), usual (vs. unusual)
- usage: commonly used or practiced; usual; "his accustomed thoroughness"; "took his customary morning walk"; "his habitual comment"; "with her wonted candor"
All rights reserved.
See also: accustomed (Dictionary)