Synonyms of ace
- 1. one, 1, I, ace, single, unity, digit, figure
- usage: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
- 2. ace, playing card
- usage: one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
- 3. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, expert
- usage: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- 4. angiotensin converting enzyme, angiotensin-converting enzyme, ACE, protease, peptidase, proteinase, proteolytic enzyme
- usage: proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II
- 5. Allied Command Europe, ACE, headquarters
- usage: a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey
- 6. ace, serve, service
- usage: a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
- 1. breeze through, ace, pass with flying colors, sweep through, sail through, nail, pass, make it
- usage: succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
- 2. ace, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: score an ace against; "He aced his opponents"
- 3. ace, play
- usage: play (a hole) in one stroke
- 4. ace, serve
- usage: serve an ace against (someone)
- 1. ace, A-one, crack, first-rate, super, tiptop, topnotch, top-notch, tops(predicate), superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: of the highest quality; "an ace reporter"; "a crack shot"; "a first-rate golfer"; "a super party"; "played top-notch tennis"; "an athlete in tiptop condition"; "she is absolutely tops"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ace (Dictionary)