Synonyms of acid
- 1. acid, compound, chemical compound
- usage: any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt
- 2. acid, back breaker, battery-acid, dose, dot, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, pane, superman, window pane, Zen, lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD
- usage: street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- 1. acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
- 2. acidic, acid, acidulent, acidulous, sour (vs. sweet)
- usage: being sour to the taste
- 3. acid, acidic (vs. alkaline) (vs. amphoteric)
- usage: having the characteristics of an acid; "an acid reaction"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of acid (Dictionary)