Synonyms of acknowledge
- 1. admit, acknowledge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- 2. acknowledge, receipt, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
- 3. notice, acknowledge, react, respond
- usage: express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- 4. acknowledge, recognize, recognise, thank, give thanks
- usage: express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
- 5. acknowledge, accept
- usage: accept as legally binding and valid; "acknowledge the deed"
- 6. acknowledge, recognize, recognise, know, accept
- usage: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of acknowledge (Dictionary)