Synonyms of acquired
- 1. get, acquire
- usage: come into the possession of something concrete or abstract; "She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"; "They acquired a new pet"; "Get your results the next day"; "Get permission to take a few days off from work"
- 2. assume, acquire, adopt, take on, take, change
- usage: take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
- 3. grow, develop, produce, get, acquire, change
- usage: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
- 4. acquire, situate, locate
- usage: locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- 5. acquire, win, gain, get, acquire
- usage: win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"
- 6. learn, larn, acquire
- usage: gain knowledge or skills; "She learned dancing from her sister"; "I learned Sanskrit"; "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- 7. develop, acquire, evolve, change
- usage: gain through experience; "I acquired a strong aversion to television"; "Children must develop a sense of right and wrong"; "Dave developed leadership qualities in his new position"; "develop a passion for painting"
- 1. acquired, noninheritable (vs. inheritable), nonheritable
- usage: gotten through environmental forces; "acquired characteristics (such as a suntan or a broken nose) cannot be passed on"
All rights reserved.