Synonyms of acquitted
- 1. acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- 2. behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry, hold, carry, bear, act, move
- usage: behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- 1. acquitted, not guilty, innocent (vs. guilty), guiltless, clean-handed
- usage: declared not guilty of a specific offense or crime; legally blameless; "he stands acquitted on all charges"; "the jury found him not guilty by reason of insanity"
All rights reserved.