Synonyms of acute
- 1. acute accent, acute, ague, accent, accent mark
- usage: a mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- 1. acute (vs. chronic), subacute
- usage: having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course; "acute appendicitis"; "the acute phase of the illness"; "acute patients"
- 2. acute, intense, sharp (vs. dull)
- usage: extremely sharp or intense; "acute pain"; "felt acute annoyance"; "intense itching and burning"
- 3. acute, discriminating, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp, perceptive (vs. unperceptive)
- usage: having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations"
- 4. acute (vs. obtuse)
- usage: of an angle; less than 90 degrees
- 5. acuate, acute, sharp, needlelike, pointed (vs. pointless)
- usage: ending in a sharp point
- 6. acute, critical (vs. noncritical)
- usage: of critical importance and consequence; "an acute (or critical) lack of research funds"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of acute (Dictionary)