Synonyms of ad lib
- 1. ad-lib, remark, comment, input
- usage: remark made spontaneously without prior preparation; "his ad-libs got him in trouble with the politicians"
- 1. improvise, improvize, ad-lib, extemporize, extemporise, perform, execute, do
- usage: perform without preparation; "he extemporized a speech at the wedding"
- 1. ad-lib, extemporaneous, extemporary, extempore, impromptu, offhand, offhanded, off-the-cuff, unrehearsed, unprepared (vs. prepared)
- usage: with little or no preparation or forethought; "his ad-lib comments showed poor judgment"; "an extemporaneous piano recital"; "an extemporary lecture"; "an extempore skit"; "an impromptu speech"; "offhand excuses"; "trying to sound offhanded and reassuring"; "an off-the-cuff toast"; "a few unrehearsed comments"
- 2. ad-lib, spontaneous, unwritten, unscripted (vs. scripted)
- usage: said or done without having been planned or written in advance; "he made a few ad-lib remarks"
- 1. ad lib, ad libitum, spontaneously, impromptu
- usage: without advance preparation; "he spoke ad lib"
All rights reserved.