Synonyms of addict
- 1. addict, nut, freak, junkie, junky, enthusiast, partisan, partizan
- usage: someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie"
- 2. addict, drug user, substance abuser, user
- usage: someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance; abrupt deprivation of the substance produces withdrawal symptoms
- 1. addict, hook, habituate, accustom
- usage: to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of addict (Dictionary)