Synonyms of address
- 1. address, computer address, reference, code, computer code
- usage: (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- 2. address, geographic point, geographical point
- usage: the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- 3. address, speech, speech act
- usage: the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience; "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- 4. address, manner of speaking, speech, delivery
- usage: the manner of speaking to another individual; "he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
- 5. address, street sign
- usage: a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
- 6. address, destination, name and address, direction, instruction
- usage: written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
- 7. address, stance
- usage: the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- 8. savoir-faire, address, tact, tactfulness
- usage: social skill
- 1. address, turn to, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
- 2. address, speak
- usage: give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- 3. address, direct, label
- usage: put an address on (an envelope)
- 4. address, target, aim, place, direct, point
- usage: direct a question at someone
- 5. address, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- 6. address, call, address, turn to
- usage: greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
- 7. address, access
- usage: access or locate by address
- 8. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 9. address, accost, come up to, come, come up
- usage: speak to someone
- 10. address, align, aline, line up, adjust
- usage: adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of address (Dictionary)