Synonyms of adequate
- 1. adequate (vs. inadequate), equal, adequate to(predicate), capable, equal to(predicate), up to(predicate), competent, satisfactory
- usage: having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task; "she had adequate training"; "her training was adequate"; "she was adequate to the job"; "he was equal to the task"
- 2. adequate, decent, enough, sufficient (vs. insufficient)
- usage: sufficient for the purpose; "an adequate income"; "the food was adequate"; "a decent wage"; "enough food"; "food enough"
- 3. adequate, passable, fair to middling, tolerable, satisfactory (vs. unsatisfactory)
- usage: about average; acceptable; "more than adequate as a secretary"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of adequate (Dictionary)