WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adjacent, next, side by side(predicate), close (vs. distant)
- usage: nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side"
- 2. adjacent, conterminous, contiguous, neighboring(prenominal), connected (vs. unconnected)
- usage: having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities"
- 3. adjacent, near (vs. far), close, nigh
- usage: near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
All rights reserved.
See also: adjacent (Dictionary)