WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. administer, administrate, manage, deal, care, handle
- usage: work in an administrative capacity; supervise or be in charge of; "administer a program"; "she administers the funds"
- 2. administer, give, apply
- usage: perform (a church sacrament) ritually; "administer the last unction"
- 3. distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, give
- usage: administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- 4. administer, dispense, treat, care for
- usage: give or apply (medications)
- 5. administer, direct
- usage: direct the taking of; "administer an exam"; "administer an oath"
All rights reserved.
See also: administer (Dictionary)