- 1. rede, advise, counsel, hash out, discuss, talk over
- usage: give advice to; "The teacher counsels troubled students"; "The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
- 2. advise, notify, give notice, send word, apprise, apprize, inform
- usage: inform (somebody) of something; "I advised him that the rent was due"
- 3. propose, suggest, advise, declare
- usage: make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. well-advised (vs. ill-advised), advised, considered, wise
- usage: having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel; "a well-advised delay in carrying out the plan"
- 2. advised, informed (vs. uninformed)
- usage: having received information; "be kept advised"
All rights reserved.
See also: advised (Dictionary)