Synonyms of affected
- 1. affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch, change, alter, modify
- usage: have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
- 2. affect, change, alter, modify
- usage: act physically on; have an effect upon; "the medicine affects my heart rate"
- 3. involve, affect, regard, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
- 4. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- 5. affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
- 1. affected (vs. unaffected), impressed(predicate), smitten, stricken, struck, stage-struck, subject, taken, wonder-struck, moved#1, affected#3, stirred#1, touched
- usage: acted upon; influenced
- 2. affected (vs. unaffected), unnatural, agonistic, strained, artificial, contrived, hokey, stilted, constrained, forced, strained, elocutionary, mannered, plummy, studied
- usage: speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression
- 3. moved(predicate) (vs. unmoved), affected, stirred, touched, sick, affected, emotional
- usage: being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion; "too moved to speak"; "very touched by the stranger's kindness"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of affected (Dictionary)