Synonyms of affecting
- 1. affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch, change, alter, modify
- usage: have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
- 2. affect, change, alter, modify
- usage: act physically on; have an effect upon; "the medicine affects my heart rate"
- 3. involve, affect, regard, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
- 4. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- 5. affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
- 1. affecting, poignant, touching, moving (vs. unmoving)
- usage: arousing affect; "the homecoming of the released hostages was an affecting scene"; "poignant grief cannot endure forever"; "his gratitude was simple and touching"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of affecting (Dictionary)