WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adrift(predicate), afloat(predicate), aimless, directionless, planless, rudderless, undirected, purposeless (vs. purposeful)
- usage: aimlessly drifting
- 2. afloat(predicate) (vs. aground), adrift(predicate), floating, waterborne
- usage: borne on the water; floating
- 3. afloat(predicate), awash(predicate), flooded, inundated, overflowing, full (vs. empty)
- usage: covered with water; "the main deck was afloat (or awash)"; "the monsoon left the whole place awash"; "a flooded bathroom"; "inundated farmlands"; "an overflowing tub"
All rights reserved.
See also: afloat (Dictionary)