Synonyms of aged
- 1. aged, elderly, age group, age bracket, cohort
- usage: people who are old collectively; "special arrangements were available for the aged"
- 1. age, develop
- usage: begin to seem older; get older; "The death of his wife caused him to age fast"
- 2. senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate, develop
- usage: grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
- 3. age, change, alter, modify
- usage: make older; "The death of his child aged him tremendously"
- 1. aged, elderly, older, senior, old (vs. young)
- usage: advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables); "aged members of the society"; "elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper"; "senior citizen"
- 2. aged, worn (vs. new)
- usage: at an advanced stage of erosion (pronounced as one syllable); "aged rocks"
- 3. aged(prenominal), of age(predicate), old (vs. young)
- usage: having attained a specific age; (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable); "aged ten"; "ten years of age"
- 4. aged, ripened, ripe (vs. green), mature
- usage: of wines, fruit, cheeses; having reached a desired or final condition; (`aged' pronounced as one syllable); "mature well-aged cheeses"
- 5. aged, cured, preserved (vs. fresh)
- usage: (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of aged (Dictionary)