Synonyms of agitate
- 1. agitate, foment, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: try to stir up public opinion
- 2. agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- 3. crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- 4. stir, shift, budge, agitate, move
- usage: move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
- 5. shake, agitate, move
- usage: move or cause to move back and forth; "The chemist shook the flask vigorously"; "My hands were shaking"
- 6. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of agitate (Dictionary)