Synonyms of airy
- 1. aired, airy, ventilated (vs. unventilated)
- usage: open to or abounding in fresh air; "airy rooms"
- 2. airy, impractical, visionary, Laputan, windy, utopian (vs. dystopian)
- usage: not practical or realizable; speculative; "airy theories about socioeconomic improvement"; "visionary schemes for getting rich"
- 3. airy, light (vs. heavy)
- usage: having little or no perceptible weight; so light as to resemble air; "airy gauze curtains"
- 4. aeriform, aerial, airy, aery, ethereal, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of airy (Dictionary)