Synonyms of alcoholic
- 1. alcoholic, alky, dipsomaniac, boozer, lush, soaker, souse, drunkard, drunk, rummy, sot, inebriate, wino
- usage: a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
- 1. alcoholic (vs. nonalcoholic), dry, hard, strong, intoxicant, intoxicating, spirituous, spiritous, wet
- usage: characteristic of or containing alcohol; "alcoholic drinks"
- 2. alcoholic, alcohol-dependent, addicted (vs. unaddicted)
- usage: addicted to alcohol; "alcoholic expatriates in Paris"- Carl Van Doren
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of alcoholic (Dictionary)