Synonyms of alive
- 1. alive(predicate) (vs. dead), live, liveborn, viable, vital, animate
- usage: possessing life; "the happiest person alive"; "the nerve is alive"; "doctors are working hard to keep him alive"; "burned alive"; "a live canary"
- 2. alive(predicate), lively (vs. dull)
- usage: (often followed by `with') full of life and spirit; "she was wonderfully alive for her age"; "a face alive with mischief"
- 3. animated (vs. unanimated), alive, enlivened, spirited, full of life, lively, vital, reanimated, revived
- usage: having life or vigor or spirit; "an animated and expressive face"; "animated conversation"; "became very animated when he heard the good news"
- 4. alive(predicate), sensitive (vs. insensitive)
- usage: (followed by `to' or `of') aware of; "is alive to the moods of others"
- 5. active, alive(predicate), existent (vs. nonexistent), existing
- usage: in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition"
- 6. alert, alive(predicate), awake(predicate), aware(predicate) (vs. unaware), cognizant, cognisant
- usage: mentally perceptive and responsive;"an alert mind"; "alert to the problems"; "alive to what is going on"; "awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
- 7. alive, live, active (vs. extinct)
- usage: capable of erupting; "a live volcano"; "the volcano is very much alive"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of alive (Dictionary)