Synonyms of alter
- 1. change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- 2. change, alter, vary
- usage: become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- 3. alter, change, alter, modify
- usage: make an alteration to; "This dress needs to be altered"
- 4. interpolate, alter, falsify, edit, redact
- usage: insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
- 5. alter, neuter, spay, castrate, sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise, fix
- usage: remove the ovaries of; "Is your cat spayed?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of alter (Dictionary)