Synonyms of altered
- 1. change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- 2. change, alter, vary
- usage: become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- 3. alter, change, alter, modify
- usage: make an alteration to; "This dress needs to be altered"
- 4. interpolate, alter, falsify, edit, redact
- usage: insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
- 5. alter, neuter, spay, castrate, sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise, fix
- usage: remove the ovaries of; "Is your cat spayed?"
- 1. altered (vs. unaltered), adjusted, changed, emended, edited, paraphrastic, revised
- usage: changed in form or character without becoming something else; "the altered policy promised success"; "following an altered course we soon found ourselves back in civilization"; "he looked...with clouded eyes and with an altered manner of breathing"- Charles Dickens
- 2. altered, neutered, castrated (vs. uncastrated), unsexed
- usage: having testicles or ovaries removed
- 3. adapted, altered, modified (vs. unmodified)
- usage: changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose; "seeds precisely adapted to the area"; "instructions altered to suit the children's different ages"
All rights reserved.