Synonyms of altogether
- 1. raw, altogether, birthday suit, nakedness, nudity, nudeness
- usage: informal terms for nakedness; "in the raw"; "in the altogether"; "in his birthday suit"
- 1. wholly, entirely, completely, totally, all, altogether, whole
- usage: to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly'); "he was wholly convinced"; "entirely satisfied with the meal"; "it was completely different from what we expected"; "was completely at fault"; "a totally new situation"; "the directions were all wrong"; "it was not altogether her fault"; "an altogether new approach"; "a whole new idea"
- 2. altogether, all told, in all
- usage: with everything included or counted; "altogether he earns close to a million dollars"
- 3. all in all, on the whole, altogether, tout ensemble
- usage: with everything considered (and neglecting details); "altogether, I'm sorry it happened"; "all in all, it's not so bad"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of altogether (Dictionary)