Synonyms of amateur
- 1. amateur, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who pursues a study or sport as a pastime
- 2. amateur, athlete, jock
- usage: an athlete who does not play for pay
- 1. amateur, recreational, unpaid, nonprofessional (vs. professional)
- usage: engaged in as a pastime; "an amateur painter"; "gained valuable experience in amateur theatricals"; "recreational golfers"; "reading matter that is both recreational and mentally stimulating"; "unpaid extras in the documentary"
- 2. amateurish, amateur, inexpert, unskilled, unprofessional (vs. professional)
- usage: lacking professional skill or expertise; "a very amateurish job"; "inexpert but conscientious efforts"; "an unskilled painting"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of amateur (Dictionary)