- 1. amaze, astonish, astound, surprise
- usage: affect with wonder; "Your ability to speak six languages amazes me!"
- 2. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amazed, astonied, astonished, astounded, stunned, surprised (vs. unsurprised)
- usage: filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock; "an amazed audience gave the magician a standing ovation"; "I stood enthralled, astonished by the vastness and majesty of the cathedral"; "astounded viewers wept at the pictures from the Oklahoma City bombing"; "stood in stunned silence"; "stunned scientists found not one but at least three viruses"
All rights reserved.
See also: amazed (Dictionary)