Synonyms of amazing
- 1. amaze, astonish, astound, surprise
- usage: affect with wonder; "Your ability to speak six languages amazes me!"
- 2. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 1. amazing, astonishing, surprising (vs. unsurprising)
- usage: surprising greatly; "she does an amazing amount of work"; "the dog was capable of astonishing tricks"
- 2. amazing, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, awing, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: inspiring awe or admiration or wonder; "New York is an amazing city"; "the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight"; "the awesome complexity of the universe"; "this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath"- Melville; "Westminster Hall's awing majesty, so vast, so high, so silent"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of amazing (Dictionary)