WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amenable, conformable, compliant (vs. defiant)
- usage: disposed or willing to comply; "someone amenable to persuasion"
- 2. amenable, tractable, susceptible (vs. unsusceptible)
- usage: readily reacting to suggestions and influences; "a responsive student"
- 3. amenable, susceptible (vs. unsusceptible)
- usage: open to being acted upon in a certain way; "an amenable hospitalization should not result in untimely death"; "the tumor was not amenable to surgical treatment"
- 4. amenable, responsible (vs. irresponsible)
- usage: liable to answer to a higher authority; "the president is amenable to the constitutional court"
All rights reserved.
See also: amenable (Dictionary)