Synonyms of amplify
- 1. magnify, amplify, enlarge
- usage: increase in size, volume or significance; "Her terror was magnified in her mind"
- 2. overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify, misinform, mislead
- usage: to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth; "tended to romanticize and exaggerate this `gracious Old South' imagery"
- 3. inflate, blow up, expand, amplify, increase
- usage: exaggerate or make bigger; "The charges were inflated"
- 4. amplify, intensify, compound, heighten, deepen
- usage: increase the volume of; "amplify sound"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of amplify (Dictionary)