WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. analytic
- usage: using or subjected to a methodology using algebra and calculus; "analytic statics"
- 2. analytic (vs. synthetic), analytical
- usage: using or skilled in using analysis (i.e., separating a whole--intellectual or substantial--into its elemental parts or basic principles); "an analytic experiment"; "an analytic approach"; "a keenly analytic man"; "analytical reasoning"; "an analytical mind"
- 3. analytic (vs. synthetic), uninflected, isolating(prenominal)
- usage: expressing a grammatical category by using two or more words rather than inflection
- 4. analytic (vs. synthetic), analytical, a priori, deductive, logical
- usage: of a proposition that is necessarily true independent of fact or experience; "`all spinsters are unmarried' is an analytic proposition"
All rights reserved.
See also: analytic (Dictionary)